When it comes to SUVs, the Hyundai Santa Fe consistently leads the pack. With the best tech out there, amazing prices, incredible safety standards, and the most value, it’s easy to see why. Today, we’re talking 2019s; what’s new and what matters most when choosing the right SUV for you.
The priority when designing this vehicle was safety. Beyond that, we’ve focused on technology, comfort, convenience, and style. In 2019, we started with Hyundai’s exclusive SUPERSTRUCTURE frame. It’s built with Advanced High Strength Steel to provide maximum rigidity and safety, making crashes less likely to have an impact. It’s also lightweight while retaining strength, to help you save on fuel costs.
The 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe is home to the new, and first, Safe Exit Assist Technology. This world-class and world-leading technology is the first of its kind. It helps keep you, your family, and others using the road safe by preventing run-ins. Safe Exit Assist temporarily locks the rear doors when it detects bikes, pedestrians, or vehicles approaching from the rear. This means that passengers in the rear are only able to exit one way: safely.
Beyond just saying we packed this SUV with safety features, we did the hard work to see which are the most important and how we can make them better. Hyundai’s SmartSense technology includes:
• SUPERSTRUCTURE body design
• Available forward collision-avoidance with pedestrian detection
• Available lane departure warning system with lane keeping assist
• Available rear cross-traffic collision avoidance assist
• Available driver attention warning and adaptive cruise control with traffic stop and go
• Available rear occupant alert and parking distance warning
• The world’s first safe exist assist, available only on 2019 models
In 2018, Hyundai Canada conducted a study involving over 1,500 Canadian parents to see what they worry about and how they want to keep their children safe. We learned that:
• Safety features are the most important selling factor they consider prior to purchasing a new vehicle
• 54% fear collisions when driving with their kids
• 21% are afraid of bad and distracted drivers
• 80% are concerned about others’ distracted driving behaviour
• 20% of participants agree that driving with their children in the vehicle causes them stress
• 61% of parents admit to using a handheld device to text or talk while driving
• 41% of parents are concerned about vehicle safety on highways, and 25% feel concern surrounding school parking lots
How can we compensate for these fears beyond available safety features? With tech that eliminates distractions.
That’s right. We use tech to make life easier, safer, and simply more fun. If 61% of parents admit to using a handheld device to text or talk while driving, we can take that distraction away through the use of hands-free technology. Bluetooth is available as a standard on all 2019 Hyundai Santa Fes. You’ll also find Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to ensure that you’re connected, no matter what mobile device you’re using. This connectivity will help you stay distraction-free and hands-off.
Other incredible tech advancements include BlueLink (exclusive to Hyundai) connectivity, which lets you communicate with your vehicle from your phone when you’re not together. You’ll also find a heads-up display on the interior of your windshield that will help keep the most important vehicle info visible when you need it and keep your eyes on the road. The Santa Fe is home to a wireless charging pad so that you’re never out of juice, and also has an available surround view monitor to keep you covered from every angle.
On top of tech and safety, you’ll also find incredible fuel economy, more space than you can shake a hockey stick at, and the most comfort in an SUV: ever. Ready to find yours? Browse our online Santa Fe inventory today; we’re right here in Lethbridge to make your life easier!